We are delighted to announce that B&M Joiners & Building Services have been approved by The Edinburgh Trusted Trader Program. The scheme, founded in 2015, is the premium “go to” list for Edinburgh based vetted traders including companies like us.
Backed by The City of Edinburgh Council and supported by Police Scotland, the Edinburgh Trusted Trader Scheme helps you find honest and reliable traders who have been fully vetted by Edinburgh Trading Standards.
The Vetting Process
As a business (including the owner) we were put through a vetting process by Edinburgh Trading Standards Officers. They perform several checks with some parts of the vetting process being mandatory.
Failure to meet these demands will mean an applicant is excluded from joining. Here is the full list of checks our business has been through to get approved –
The Business Was Checked For…
• B&M Joiners were checked on Council contractor databases
• background checks were made by Police Scotland
• searches were made for previous complaints within Trading Standards’ own databases
• wider checks were made on the national consumer complaints database
• searches were carried out for any Advertising Standards Authority adjudications against us or our websites
• they checked our business is not going into liquidation
• searches were conducted via the Health & Safety Executive Public Register of Enforcement Notices
• an open web search for any negative history relating to us
• inspected our trading documents ensuring there are no unfair terms and wording is legal and clear
• checked on full compliance with the Companies Act
• checked our business website and social media for compliance
• checked submitted reviews to ensure they are authentic
• investigated any memberships of any advertised trade associations
• ensured compliance to any trade association codes of practice.
• made sure the business has adequate health and safety procedures in place
Our Business Owner Was Checked For…
• Companies House Director Report and checks in the Disqualified Director register
• searched for any ASA adjudications against us / the proprietor
• confirmed we have public liability insurance and any required employer liability insurances
• face-to-face interviews at our premises, including inspection of any requested documentation
• ensured that as a business owner, we understood and met the Edinburgh Trusted Trader Code of Practice.
In addition to all the checks carried out, all traders need to display feedback from genuine customers in the review section of the Trusted Trader website. These are broken down by:
• value for money
• customer service or reliability
• quality of service or product
• likelihood to use again or recommend.
This allows a prospective customer to make an informed choice based on the genuine experience of others.
You can visit the B&M Joiners & Building Services page on the Edinburgh Trusted Trader website here: https://bit.ly/2EWrsKS or you can watch Police Scotland’s video on the scheme on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh0WbYNZ5FM